News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Environmental Challenges For 2011

Started by irishbobcat, January 02, 2011, 08:09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Moadus

Dennis, where did you copy that from. You didn't write that now did you?  I don't see any attribution, but can not believe that you wrote it.

I think we could use a little more fine tuning of our environmental laws but for the most part, I think our water, air, and parks are clean enough. I want some more oil. You had a lot of support when you were trying to reduce hydrochloric acid, sulfuric acids, heavy metals, arsenic, and lead from industrial and automotive emissions, but I think you lost us when you started to try to contain carbon dioxide emissions. Most of us do not believe that, that which we exhale, is toxic. You have gone too far.

irishbobcat

Environmental Challenges For 2011

Challenge #1: We need to restore Lake Erie to health. Toxic runoff, dead zones and sewage pollution are fouling Lake Erie and the other Great Lakes, endangering wildlife, jeopardizing the fishing and tourism industries that depend on the lakes, and diminishing our natural heritage. Backed by research on the greatest threats and their impacts, we're urging the EPA and other decision-makers to set real limits on pollution and impose stiff penalties on big polluters. But with the worst offenders lobbying to weaken pollution limits, I need your voice to help us convince the EPA to stand strong.

Challenge #2: We want to protect the best of America: our parks. Whether it's Hocking Hills here in Ohio, Yosemite, Glacier National Park, the Grand Canyon or any of our other state and national parks, I want the next generation to explore and enjoy the beauty of "America's best idea" just as we have. That's why we're working to protect our iconic national parks from pollution, development and other threats, and to protect our state parks from budget cuts. I want our leaders to focus on the places we love, not the lobbyists for the mining, oil or other industries. I need you to help us make our case loud and clear.

Challenge #3: We must get Ohio off oil and repower our lives with clean energy. After BP's massive Gulf oil disaster and the collapse of clean energy legislation in Congress, it's more important than ever to open paths to real progress on solving our energy problems. We're promoting offshore wind up and down the Atlantic coast, supporting solar initiatives across the nation, and calling for new standards that will see cars get 60 miles per gallon by 2025. When the oil and coal companies spend millions to stop us, I need your support to help us rally more people to our cause.