News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Benefit For Haiti - Please Attend - Sunday, February 7

Started by jay, January 17, 2010, 08:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

iwasthere

this event would have given you an opportunity to meet your fellow board members in a less hostile environmental setting. your presence was not important but it would have been fun to see who can sling the most spaghetti at each other instead of mud. ;)

sfc_oliver

Quote from: iwasthere on February 09, 2010, 01:51:45 PM
where was rick rowlands and sarge and their other frds from this board to help out for this noble cause? rushgal setup and area with a chalkboard for rr to give grammar lessons to anyone that wanted to be tutored by rr. iwasthere with his slate and chalk to take lessons from the mighty OZ from the TOD ENGINE SCRAPE METAL MUSEUM.  ;)

I didn't know that my attendance was that important.  I support many "noble causes" throughout the year. And this year we sent an additional check (That's one more than they usually get) to the red cross, marked for Haiti relief efforts. Next question.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

iwasthere

where was rick rowlands and sarge and their other frds from this board to help out for this noble cause? rushgal setup and area with a chalkboard for rr to give grammar lessons to anyone that wanted to be tutored by rr. iwasthere with his slate and chalk to take lessons from the mighty OZ from the TOD ENGINE SCRAPE METAL MUSEUM.  ;)

Rushblvd

Thank-you to everybody who was able to help. We had a great crowd to help a good cause. Thanks again  :-*

jay

Attendance was good.
I was able to help for two hours.  John R. Swierz was helping too.
If you attended or helped, let us know.

iwasthere

AllanY2525

When the twin towers fell on 9-11, the French government came on television
and said "Today ..... we are ALL Americans..'

That's kind of how i felt when the disaster struck Haiti.... on that day, we
were ALL "Haitians". 

Take the disaster in New Orleans... and multiply it one thousand fold....

iwasthere

Quote from: Rushblvd on February 02, 2010, 04:04:40 PM
oh please let me reply with a big Thank-you for any help. This is for a very good cause and i am sure we will all enjoy ourselves. If you stay till the very end and help clean-up (that is where the most help is needed) I am sure a beverage of choice can be provided for your troubles... :laugh:
will it be zero calories and with no sugar added? :laugh:

Rushblvd

oh please let me reply with a big Thank-you for any help. This is for a very good cause and i am sure we will all enjoy ourselves. If you stay till the very end and help clean-up (that is where the most help is needed) I am sure a beverage of choice can be provided for your troubles... :laugh:

iwasthere

the spag committee does not allow any slackers on the team are you ready to break into a sweat jrs? ;D

john r. swierz

I will let the Spags committee instruct me to where my help will be needed.

iwasthere

Quote from: john r. swierz on January 29, 2010, 05:22:08 PM

Rushgal, Your favorite councilmember is volunteering for 4 hours, where ever I am needed
how about if you and rushgal commie nieghbor work at the take out table or clean tables together? :o

AllanY2525

Jay,

The picture is quite accurate....the television special I saw on P.B.S. had
interviews with former Haitian citizens, now living in the U.S.  They described
how green Haiti was when they were very young and how bad things are
today.

If we (meaning the international community as a whole, NOT just the United
States) could get agriculture back up and running again in Haiti, and get the
trees replanted, there would be hope for the future there.

john r. swierz

Rushgal, Your favorite councilmember is volunteering for 4 hours, where ever I am needed