News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Firemans Great Adventure

Started by Towntalk, November 23, 2009, 09:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yfdgricker

Unfortunately, the fire truck is in storage for the winter and probably now surrounded by other campers and recreational vehicles. If I had it in a garage where I could get the truck out, I would have considered being in the holiday parade.

john r. swierz

Greg, is the fire truck up and running? If so do you want to be in the holiday parade? Call me

yfdgricker

That fits with the alligator story I heard. The person I heard it from said that Sta 4 at Falls and Essex on the lower South side had a baby alligator as a mascot :)

iwasthere

Towntalk

Greg:

In my clippings file I have a funny story about one of the Fire Stations.

Folks had strange pets and one was a baby alligater, and when it got too big they turned it loose along the Mahoning river and somehow it found its way up to a Fire Station where it was finally captured.

The adventure was reported in the July 7, 1916 Vindicator under the headline "Alligator Takes Two Weeks Stroll".