News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Parochial School Busing Problems

Started by jay, September 25, 2009, 06:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

my solution is convert to Catholism and send your children to the parochial schools thus you solve the busing problems. ;D

The Hammer

Quote from: YtownNewsandViews on September 25, 2009, 12:47:00 PM
Their mismanagement of the tax dollars is what angers me WhyTown.

Mismanagement of tax dollars? How so? Sorry if you don't like it, but public school systems should be taking care of their own students before the charters/community schools/parochial schools. You certainly have a choice in sending your child to a parochial school. I was a product of a parochial education, however, public schools should not have to pay for transporting students at other schools period, and that is what the current system is forcing upon public school systems who are strapped for cash. As long as public school tax dollars have to subsidize transportation for non-publis schools, the public school system needs to continue to remember to take care of the own students first and then the rest. Just my opinion.

ytowner

Quote from: Why?Town on September 25, 2009, 08:22:25 AM
In my Austintown neighborhood the parochial kids get picked up at their door while the public school kids walk up to 1/2 mile to a central stop.

Who's second class here?
Their mismanagement of the tax dollars is what angers me WhyTown.

Why?Town

In my Austintown neighborhood the parochial kids get picked up at their door while the public school kids walk up to 1/2 mile to a central stop.

Who's second class here?

ytowner

Typical of the public school system. Let's penalize the parochial school students whose parents pay TAXES for the public schools and TUITION for the parochial schools, but they get treated like second class citizens.

They are doing it in Austintown, and now that you mentioned it, I will publicly denounce this BS on my website. It's a damn shame!

jay

Some school children residing in Youngstown are having problems with their bus service to parochial schools.  Changes to some bus routes have resulted in bus rides in excess of 90 minutes each way.  This is entirely too much time for a child to spend in transit.