News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Youngstown City Council Safety Committee Meeting - Thursday, November 19

Started by jay, November 18, 2020, 08:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Why?Town

Quote from: Elmo-Ytown on November 20, 2020, 07:58:20 PM
...maybe the city should try a different mayor/city council and see if someone else can be more effective at curbing the violence. .

That word "maybe" is completely unnecessary. I wish that "definitely" would be more appropriate, and it might be, considering that any replacements would give 50-50 chance of improvements while the people already there have proven what they can't/won't accomplish.

The saddest part I see is that this seem to be part of politics in general whether we're talking about dog catchers, school boards, and all the other positions all the way up to the President of the USA.

All they seem to need is to appear to be nice and sometimes hand out candy or notepads with their recognizable name to get voted in which results in them running again to fix the problems they have never, nor will ever, come close to fixing.

jay

I stand corrected.  There are now 26 homicides in Youngstown.

The homicides are happening so often that it is easy to lose count.

Elmo-Ytown

According to the councilperson in the video it is 26? I don't know which it is. I like to be informed and so I struggle through watching these videos, but they sure are aggravating. Does it seem to anyone else like the safety committee meetings are just about putting down the police? To your point, maybe the city should try a different mayor/city council and see if someone else can be more effective at curbing the violence. They put everything on these cops but also blame them and put them down all the time. Like I've said before, I know some city cops and they are not well paid and don't have an easy job. This type of management isn't working well for other cities.

jay

Youngstown now has 25 homicides for this year.   Maybe the city should find another person/organization/tactic to curb the violence.

Elmo-Ytown

How unprofessional to make the salesman sit through all of that. He's there to make a presentation to the city. Guy Burney works for the city. He could have waited.

jay

Youngstown City Council Safety Committee Meeting (Virtual)

Thursday, November 19. 3:00 p.m.

- To Watch -
https://www.youtube.com/c/CityofYoungstown

Note
The meeting is on Zoom.  There is a few minute delay until the feed is loaded onto the city's Youtube channel.