News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Youngstown ARB Air Show 2009

Started by Towntalk, June 10, 2009, 09:29:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

r2c apparently bob barko failed on this part in his defense he was busy that day too. i agree in today's media world this should not have occurred when you have humanbeings involved there is a margin for mistakes.

our2cents

Quote from: iwasthere on August 20, 2009, 12:01:05 PM
the airbase made the announcement in the sunday vindy's article about the saturday's show. the airbase could  have made the announcement on wkbn ethnic hour from 9am to 1pm.

Heck, even on the show's website would have sent out a changedetection notice to my email as soon as they posted it.

iwasthere

the airbase made the announcement in the sunday vindy's article about the saturday's show. the airbase could  have made the announcement on wkbn ethnic hour from 9am to 1pm.

our2cents

Quote from: iwasthere on August 20, 2009, 11:43:00 AM
our2c , your family could have gone on sunday because they the ytown arb's officials opened up the show to people with or without tickets according to the vindy.

That is rather saddening to hear.  We never heard any such story until now.

iwasthere

our2c , your family could have gone on sunday because they the ytown arb's officials opened up the show to people with or without tickets according to the vindy.

sfc_oliver

Wright Patterson truly does have an amazing museum. Well worth the drive.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

our2cents

I would have gone if the website didn't lock out and then once was back up said all the tickets were gone after the glitch was fixed.  We know some people that were lucky to go, but they knew others who were able to obtain the tickets for them.  So, our family was SOL this time leaving us with no other choice but to travel somewhere else for an airshow.

If anyone is a plane history buff, there is nothing like vising Wright Patterson...the museum has a lot to see and do.

iwasthere

i strongly suggest next time there is an airshow at the ytown military airbase go and take family and frds with you. there is so much to see other than airplanes in the sky and skydivers. if one is a war plane historical enthusiast this was the show to appreciate the early to present day military might in airpower.

our2cents

We never so much as heard a plane on the West Side, except for Friday when they were scoping out the area and setting their reference points.  I also didn't hear much on the scanner like at most airshows...it was obvious they used the base's military AM frequencies for any of the military flights.  Unfortunately my scanner receives the frequencies, but not in AM mode...figures.

CC9

I heard the show was great. Never got to see any planes in my area.

iwasthere

jay did you see any planes flying over your home on the day of the airshow?

jay

There were some unusual aircraft flying over Youngstown today.  I believe the planes were practicing for the air show.

Question
If the sky is clear, will we be able to see much from Youngstown on the day of the show?

iwasthere

I CALLED THE 800 THE OTHER EVENING WITH NO PROBLEMS AND I RESERVED FOUR SEATS FOR THE SUNDAY MATINEE. I HAD BETTER LUCK ON THE PHONE THEN THE INTERNET. I DID NOT FALL FOR THE CONVERTER BOX HOAX FOR THE TELEVISION AND I STILL RECEIVE LOCAL NEWS AND COMEDIES THAT I ENJOY WATCHING ON A NIGHTLY BASIS.

Towntalk

Towntalk

From WFMJ

The Youngstown Air Reserve Show is two months away... and FREE tickets are almost ready. Tickets can be ordered online at Youngstown Air Show Dot Com beginning Monday at 9 a-m. Thirty-five thousand tickets will be available for the first air show in 23 years. Ordering online assigns you to a parking lot, where buses will be shuttling people to and from the base. The tickets are free- but necessary to help the show run smoothly. The air show is the weekend of August eighth... tickets go on sale Monday at 9 a-m