News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Shoveling Snow/Community Service

Started by jay, March 08, 2008, 10:43:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mary_Krupa

I walked my dog about 7pm. I wore two jackets and scarves, etc., and was quite comfortable. The snow was that sparkly type and everything was beautiful. Granted I didn't stay out long but it was nice. It was hard to walk because there was a hard layer of ice under the 5 inches of fresh snow. After stepping on it, I would sink in so it was a bit of work.
Mary Krupa
"We the People..."

ytowner

Quote from: Janko on March 08, 2008, 03:03:34 PM
i just spent 4 hours walking outside.

It's awesome: people are out shoveling and speaking to each other, I saw two guys with cross-country skiis on campus, and people are walking in the streets instead of the sidewalks. Took lots of pictures today...its absolutely beautiful.

My question: why wouldn't you want to walk outside in this?

Good thing not all Ursuline grads are whimps.  :laugh:

and good work on the Fly Youngstown blog.
Thanks, I enjoy your blog too.
I do want to say I love the snow, but when its windy, I think you got to be crazy to walk in it... When the wind isn't blowing and the temp is around 30, I can live with shoveling the driveway for 30 minutes; but that is it.

Go Irish!
Thanks for that compliment too!

Janko

i just spent 4 hours walking outside.

It's awesome: people are out shoveling and speaking to each other, I saw two guys with cross-country skiis on campus, and people are walking in the streets instead of the sidewalks. Took lots of pictures today...its absolutely beautiful.

My question: why wouldn't you want to walk outside in this?

Good thing not all Ursuline grads are whimps.  :laugh:

and good work on the Fly Youngstown blog.

ytowner

Jay, who the hell would want to walk outside in this?

jay

We really have a mess in Youngstown today.  The snow and sleet have left our roads and sidewalks in a treacherous condition.

This brings me to a question for anyone who has a student in a Youngstown high school.
Does the school system encourage/require community service from the high school students?  It sure would help the city if our high school students would clear the snow from the sidewalks of our city and perhaps help to clear the snow at the homes of our senior citizens.