News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Local Obama Event

Started by Towntalk, February 01, 2008, 07:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

This is not carved in stone, and her web site does not provide an advanced schedule of her appearances:

Clinton, with less money to spend and less confident of her prospects in the February contests, plans to concentrate on Ohio and Texas, large states with primaries March 4 and where polling shows her with a significant lead. She even is looking ahead to Pennsylvania's primary April 22, believing a large elderly population there will favor the former first lady.

Towntalk

Personally, I don't have a dog in this fight, and politics is a blood sport, but my point is: WHERE ARE THE LOCAL PARTIES WHETHER REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRATIC? These clowns only have 22 more days before the primaries and I do not see hide nor hair of them. At least 3 of them will be going to the national convention and one of them is a "super delegate" to the DNC convention who has already announced his support for Clinton.

You don't set up a campaign headquarters overnight, nor do you wait till the very last minute to get out yard signs and billboards in Presidential races.

Say what you will about him, when old Don Hanni was Democratic chairman, he didn't wait till the last minute. He got the county fired up well in advance of the primaries, but this new bunch are about as useless as a boil on the bottom of a man that sits all day at his job.

No wonder Mahoning County always has poor turnouts.

ytowner

On Hannity and Colmes the other night, Frank Ludtzs or w/e his name is asked a Democratic focus group to name ONE thing Obama has accomplished.

The answers:
Speechless,
Nothing,
He is a good speaker,
He is young,
Good Man

So I ask you Democrats, why would you vote for a man that has done NOTHING; all admitted by people in your very own party!

Towntalk

The whole thing is one big mess. The national news media is reporting that Ohio is going to be critical for both Obama and Clinton, so you'd think that we would be seeing more action here at least from the local supporters. Where are the local campaign headquarters? Where are the signs and posters? There are only 23 more days left before the primaries, and the silence is very strange. So far there have been only one or two events and they were private. And where are the Republicans? Silence there also.

Come to think about it, and I confess that I'm so busy keeping my website fresh that I don't even bother watching the local TV news, but so far I've only heard a couple of local candidates running radio ads - one for sheriff and a couple for Probate Court judgeships.

As for mailers, none so far.

These people better pull up their socks and start doing some real campaigning or folks will not turn out in any great numbers.

ForumManager

Finally was able to access the weblink Jay provided again.
I thought it was an appearance and wondered why it wasn't hyped up.

Towntalk

The only mention I saw was a mention on WKBN-AM and it didn't mention numbers. I was up till 5:00 AM keeping my web site updated and spent all night watching CNN, or I should say listening since 90% of my attention was devoted to my web site, so I didn't watch the local stations.

Ohio will be very critical for both Obama and Clinton, and both will be certain to make appearances here before the primaries, but what the schedule will be remains to be seen.

What I want to see is what The Vindicator will do. Last time around they snuggled up to George Bush and Dick Cheney when they made a brief appearance here. Will they do a repeat performance with John McCain?

It's strange ... The Vindicator use to be Democratic, yet after Mr. Brown passed away they made an about face.

UPDATE

A check of Obama's web site shows no local appearances before the March 4th primaries. Most of his appearances will be in Pennsylvania.

ForumManager

So did this take place? I didn't see the news and it doesn't seem to be on the Vindy website.
The weblink is down right now.
Question- why would they choose the small Boxcar Lounge and not the larger B&O?

Towntalk

There will be an Obama event at the B&O February 5th. Link is to full details:

http://my.barackobama.com/page/event/detail/february5thwatchparty/4vrcw