News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Introducing the Stambaugh Chorus

Started by ForumManager, August 23, 2007, 03:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Leah

Singing at Stambaugh is definitely a wonderful experience.  I had the opportunity to do it when I was younger.  The same with Powers Auditorium.  It's an amazing feeling to perform on the same stage as so many other great performers.

lindarein

I think singing at Stambaugh sounds like a wonderful idea!  From what I've heard, the entire facility was designed to maximize sound quality, so singing there should be a very pleasurable experience!  I wonder what others have heard about singing there?  It's time we have more cultural opportunities in our downtown area again.  Thanks to whomever is responsible for bringing another arts organization to Youngstown.

LDR

ForumManager

The Stambaugh Chorus aspires to promote the art of choral music in our community  by  presentation of  outstanding and diverse programming.  In the coming season, presentations will feature Vivaldi's Gloria and the Fauré Requiem.  Outreach performances  and collaboration with  various local arts organizations will provide many opportunities to hear or sing a variety of music selections and a wide range of styles.

If you like to sing and enjoy all types of music, membership in the Stambaugh Chorus is the activity for you. Auditions will be held on August 28 and 29, 2007 from 7:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Additional audition appointment slots will be available throughout the month of September. For your audition, bring a "comfortable" piece of music and a set of warmed-up vocal chords.  Call 330.881.9517 to make your appointment.

Regular rehearsals will be held  on Tuesday evenings from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at Stambaugh Auditorium and  will take place throughout the fall, winter and spring. Rehearsals for the 2007-2008 season will commence on Tuesday, September 4, 2007.  The chorus will kick-off this season's rehearsals with a potluck social at 6:30 p.m.   More information about the kick-off will be available at the August auditions.

On the fence?  Rehearsals are open to potential members. Visit on any Tuesday night  to see if membership is right for you.