News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Pigeons Downtown

Started by jay, February 14, 2005, 03:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitten44505

A very stupid Pigeon tried to fly through my front door this morning and I assure you that he won't try it again if you know what I mean.

ForumManager

I live on the west side and this is the first year I am not trying to keep pigeons out my roof eaves.  Could it be the falcons?  and what happens when they are out of pigeons to eat?...are my backyard  goldfish safe? !! How bout my cat? LOL Just kidding - Not complaining -- glad to be pigeon free.

jay

The Peregrine Falcons may have eliminated most of the pigeons that used to be seen in downtown Youngstown.

kitten44505

I can remember when, as I went home after a midnight shift downtown I'd see at least 50 leaving their roosts on the buildings between Vindicator Square and Boardman.

Here where I live we were plagued by those filthy birds, but you are right, there seems to be a dramatic decrease in the pigeon count.

jay

Are there fewer pigeons in  downtown Youngstown, or am I just not noticing them?  A few years ago I used to see flocks of pigeons circling the skyline or flying from building to building.  Have the birds died off naturally or did someone kill them?