News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Clarence Darrow day in NE Ohio!

Started by tony, January 20, 2007, 07:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Smokey362

Clarence Darrow's House in Kinsman, Ohio.  Now that brings back memories.  My last name is Brainard.  My family is from Burghill and Kinsman.  When I was a little kid, my uncle James & Aunt Rita lived accross the street from the Octagon house in Kinsman.  Back then it was just Clarence Darrow's house and that was about it.  I'm glad that they turned it into a museum in his honor.  I was a poor kid from Campbell who would have not known a thing about the great Attorney.  Thanks for bringing back some of my childhood memories...not only of Attorney Darrow, but also of visiting Uncle James and Aunt Rita.

Towntalk

Most folks don't know it, but Darrow had law offices here in Youngstown and was a member of the Mahoning County Bar Association.

tony

Weds. April 18 -

Clarence Darrow day in NE Ohio!

All day Commemoration - 150th anniversary of birth date of Clarence Darrow,  including:
*open house at the home of his birth in Farmdale (where John Brown came to visit the family not long before Harpers Ferry;
*open house at the Octagon House in Kinsman where Clarence lived from the age of 8, now a private "museum" with many Darrow artifacts;
*memorial service at the Clarence Darrow monument;
*Panel of historians about Clarence Darrow, America's most hated and loved lawyer; at the church the Darrow family "belonged to" and where his mother was buried;
*dramatic lecture about the friendship of Clarence Darrow and William Jennings Bryant and the Scopes Trial ($10.00);

(roast beef or creamed chicken on biscuit dinners available at the local Presbyterian and Methodist churchs; and there are a few local restaurant)

*7:00 pm One man performance - "Clarence Darrow: The Search for Justice", starring Gary L. Anderson, American Legends Theater, in the remarkable new auditorium in Andover at Pymatuning Valley School. (Seats 720-lets fill it up- Check for information to bring your class!) donations -$15.00, seniors and students $12.00 (No one declined for $) 

Proceeds of this day will be for the benefit of maintenance of the Octagon House.
With Respect and Cheers,
Tony Budak
http://www.linkedin.com/in/tonybudak