News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Need Status of West Side Restaurant

Started by jay, December 27, 2006, 07:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForumManager

I give details about how materials will be used because I have concerns about copyright.
They can come to me later and ask why the material is on the site without their permission.

our2cents

Quote from: ForumManager on December 29, 2006, 01:17:01 PM
Thanks very much, Our 2¢

You're welcome.  We met the owner our first night there.  Usually the best way to mention the menu, is to start of by stating you want to share it with friends.  If they're willing, then tell them you and your friends share them online...then most places have no problem.  If you start talking about sites, etc, they think you're selling business.  But if you mention friends and sharing with them, and that you use the internet message boards & email, they seem to understand what you want to do.

We're hoping to obtain some more in the near future.

ytowner

ForumManager

I completely understand. 
Of the 15 or so local restaurants I contacted, ALL were apprehensive.  The first thing they said - "How much does it cost?"

I gave all of them my card and it states clearly that all services on mahoningvalley.info are free.
I bought the printable cards in the closeout section of Marc's for 99 cents a package last year!   
:D
The information article on the front page of this website also goes into the details about the menu service.
An additional information sheet is a nice idea but there are no funds for it.
This website has administrative expenses associated with it already.

Soon, I will provide a digital document/brochure that members can print to give out if they are interested in promoting this site.
Also after the first of the year, there will be a press release. 
I'd like to get the new color scheme finalized before that goes out.

Our 2¢ posted the Paprika Cafe's menu. 
I had visited the restaurant before they had a completed  menu. 
I gave them all of my contact information and hoped they would provide a finalized menu.
I'm very happy and grateful that we have members that are willing to do the legwork, scanning and posting!
Thanks very much, Our 2¢

Mary

In restaurants defense that happens to them alot. Someone tells them the ad is free but a month or two later  they get a bill. I worked as an office manager at a valley restaurant for almost 5 years and that happened a couple of times. Maybe you could have an informational flier to give to them explaining its free. If its in black & white they should be more agreeable. 

ForumManager

Their sign is still there.
They might have been a little bit pricey for the neighborhood and that led to less business.
I asked if I could put their menu online when they first opened and they didn't seem interested ---  but that is the norm.
Restaurants are approached for advertising all the time and they want to know how it could be free.

jay

A large sign on the front of the building indicates that a commercial kitchen is for lease.

jay

Is the Cajun Connection on S. Richview still open?