News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Logging on the West Side

Started by jay, November 30, 2006, 05:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

I'm pretty sure a logging permit is needed from the zoning department.

ForumManager

It is sad but probably not illegal. We saw it earlier this week and were shocked by the change.  That corner has always been a gorgeous woodland area. It looks like a professional logging company and I would venture to say that they have permits.  Eyes dotted and Tees crossed. The trees that are being removed are huge in diameter and those go for BIG bucks. I guess if it is your property you have the right to sell your trees. Adjacent yards are cleared, every yard in Youngstown has been cleared at one time or another ..most of Mill Creek Park was barren before it was made into a park. This part of Ohio was all forest at one time. If  someone was planning to build a house there...  the logging would  not only be legitimate, but would be necessary.

AllanY2525

Has anyone checked to see if the people doing the tree harvesting have the necessary
permits and permissions required to do this?  If they don't, then someone needs to
call the police department and file a complaint against them.

ForumManager

Corner of Price and Bears Den near the park
Oops, not Bears Den... Belle Vista.

our2cents

jay

Two days ago a friend told me about a logging operation taking place on the west side of Youngstown.  Evidently the operation is ruining the wooded area.  I will try to take some pictures soon.