News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

What kind of business would you like to see downtown?

Started by YoungstownBiker, September 07, 2014, 02:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

I agree with all three of Peggy's suggestions - PLUS ... more, more MORE
Tech/3D Printing businesses and some manufacturing and distribution
jobs, as this new technology continues to advance and develop right
in downtown

;D Youngstown, Ohio.

Towntalk

What is so sad is the fact that DeYor still has all its equipment to show movies, but they rarely ever use them. Now that all new films coming out are digital and require special projection equipment, a group of private citizens would have to raise the money to purchase the new projection equipment.
The Ritz Theatre in my home town of under 9000 people did just that and now the theatre is showing first run movies on one of its two screens, and will soon have the second screen converted.
If that small town could raise the money for this very expensive equipment, there is no reason why we couldn't do it here.

Peggy Gurney

Just off the top of my head -

• Pharmacy
  • General Store
  • 2-screen theater
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

That's a good question.
Each year, I go back home to take care of our family's cemetery plot. The town has a population of under 10,000, it has a branch of one of the larger universities, it's the County Seat of Clearfield County, Pa. and it has a busy business district complete with a theater that runs first run movies and a number of retail stores.
If a small town can support a wide variety of retail stores, there is no reason why this can't happen in Youngstown.

YoungstownBiker

Just a random thought. Downtown, especially West Federal, is nothing more than bars and we're missing a lot other downtown districts have.