News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Adult Novelty Store on Mahoning Ave

Started by Shirley, July 17, 2006, 06:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

These so called "adult book stores" are under the control of organized crime plain and simple.
For years the city had to deal with the filth coming out of Cleveland and Pittsburgh. To get an idea of what our city had to deal with, do a Google search of Reuban Sterman (He died in prison in 1997). I would post a lengthy bio of this man here but it's way too long - some 13 pages single space.

Just remember one thing ... these characters have millions of dollars to fight with, so it won't be an easy battle, but it's one we must all fight.

Shirley

The councilwoman and five westsiders attended the meeting. Several people who could not attend also sent letters asking zoning to deny the request. However, the man from Girard was a no show. The appeal was denied. Not sure if this is the end of it or not. Towntalk is right in stating these kind of stores do not belong anywhere in Youngstown. The mans name from Girard is  Matthew Bellin If he is the same one I found on The Trumbull County Auditor website, The homes in his neighborhood cost around a quarter of a million dollars. I wonder if they would want a Adult Novelty store there?

Towntalk

That's the very last thing we need ANYWHERE in Youngstown. Given the history of the one on Market Street, this kind of business only spells trouble.

jay

I hope Councilwoman Righetti will be there.  I know it is very short notice but try to get as many people as possible to attend the zoning hearing.

If you are able to attend, please post a report to this forum.

Shirley

Did anyone see the article in the Sunday Vindicator regarding an Adult Novelty & DVD rental & sales store wanting to open a store on Mahoning Ave at the corner of Mahoning and Winchester? It would be in the old Hometown Video location next to Pizza Joe's.
The man is from Girard and the city will hear a zoning appeals request Tuesday July 18th at 1:30PM  in Council Chambers on City Halls 6th floor.