News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

What is your vision for downtown Youngstown?

Started by jay, February 05, 2004, 07:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mary_Krupa

I agree with everything that Jay states. I want to see the energy level come back to the way it used to be. I want downtown to look clean and bright so that even on our overcast days the attractiveness is still apparent.

I also want it to be a walkable city so that if it is cold outside you can always stop in a store or coffee shop or if a warm day, you can sit on a bench and look at the activity going by. I don't want to see a sea of parking lots.
Mary Krupa
"We the People..."

jay

I would like to see the vision of a downtown arts and entertainment district expanded to become an arts and entertianment neighborhood.  Any building that has to be removed must be replaced with one that meets these criteria.  The ground floor must be available for commerical purposes such as shops, restaurants, art galleries, coffee bars, or any other activity that invites the public to enter both day and night.  The upper floors of these buildings should be used for housing.  The target population should be the arts community, any person working in or near the downtown, and middle and high income residents.

jay

At a meeting of the Youngstown 2010 Committee tonight, Planner Hunter Morrison challenged those in attendance to come up with a vision of how the downtown should be developed.  I would like to broaden this discussion by inviting anyone who reads this Downtown Youngstown Forum to post your ideas here.