News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Storm tears through West Side

Started by Towntalk, July 15, 2012, 10:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

this storm  was raging around me while i was at a picnic sharing food and laughs with frds. the picnic did have some rain but not like the storm on the ytown's ws. 

jay

The sheet metal posts were hiding the thin walled metal tubes that were inside.  The tubes rusted where they came in contact with the concrete base.  Water probably gathered there and remained for long periods of time after each rainfall.  The strong winds from this storm finished off the sign.

Rick Rowlands

Looks more like it was a victim of corrosion.

jay

The sign in front of the Sparkle Market on S. Meridian was also a victim of the storm.

Towntalk

Could someone explain why we on the North Side were unaware of that severe a storm.

Rick Rowlands

Towntalk, the lefties have already told us that short term weather patterns are not indicative of global warming, unless those weather patterns SUPPORT the theory of global warming.

Worthless public employees?  Looks like they are rather important in this situation, especially the guy with the chain saw!

ForumManager

Please note that three replies in this thread have been reported to the moderators.  The comment was the same in all complaints.

It is:
Why must a few people ruin a subject about the storm by making it a political stupid comment ground when it has nothing to do with politics.

kenneyjoe330

Quote from: stewie on July 16, 2012, 06:44:21 PM
Isn't there some way to blame this storm on worthless public employees?
Eather THAT stewie or Worthless Elected Public Officials -  GOT to be one or the other. :laugh:  Then again maybe it's because we don't have a Vice Mayor  ;D or at the very least sixteen other reasons  ::)

stewie

Isn't there some way to blame this storm on worthless public employees?

irishbobcat

wow....hard to believe the damage done to one little area in just a matter of seconds.....just out of the blue....

Hope everyone on that side of town is ok.....

jay

This tree was photographed by many of the local media.  It was on S. Schenley a little north of McGuffey School.

jay

A work crew from the City Parks Department came out and cleared the trees from the road and sidewalk.

jay

Some pine trees were blown across McCollum Road in the Rocky Ridge area of the west side.

Towntalk

The storm missed the North Side aside from some rain and a couple of claps of thunder.

jay

I took a few photos of the damage.  Without electricty, I was unable to post them today.