News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

WRTA Board Meeting - Thursday, June 28

Started by jay, June 27, 2012, 05:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

northside lurker

Quote from: jay on June 29, 2012, 09:59:02 AM
The fixed route bus replacement was talked about long before the new maintenance director joined the staff.  Three buses are expected to arrive in November.  I thought I heard that there about 41 buses in the fixed route fleet.

But the guy who we thought was going to become maintenance director had said he expected to keep the oldest buses an additional year, due to increasingly scarce gov't funding.  I just assumed that this wasn't the kind of decision that would be made by a single person, and had already been discussed by everyone involved.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

iwasthere

Quote from: jay on June 28, 2012, 05:42:14 PM
The WRTA Board meeting lasted 1 hour and 20 minutes.

Youngstown City Council should attend one of the WRTA's meetings to see just how to run a public meeting.

the ytown city leaders arefive and dime politicians. do not except professionalism from these cats.

jay

The fixed route bus replacement was talked about long before the new maintenance director joined the staff.  Three buses are expected to arrive in November.  I thought I heard that there about 41 buses in the fixed route fleet.

northside lurker

Really!  As it turns out, the person who I thought was going to be director of maintenance, didn't get the job.  So, the new director of maintenance obviously wanted new buses at 12 years, instead of holding off another year.

Were any details given about the new buses?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

The first of the bus replacements should start to arrive in November.

northside lurker

I'm sure WRTA runs a good meeting.  But don't give council ideas about when to hold their meetings. :)
--Thomas Edison

jay

The WRTA Board meeting lasted 1 hour and 20 minutes.

Youngstown City Council should attend one of the WRTA's meetings to see just how to run a public meeting.

jay

WRTA Board Meeting

Thursday, June 28, 3:00 p.m.

- Location -
Board Room
WRTA Administrative Offices
604 Mahoning Avenue
Youngstown, Ohio