News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Bottom Dollar (?)

Started by jay, May 30, 2012, 12:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peggy Gurney

I know that this is an old topic, but wanted to chime in anyway -

The Bottom Dollar Food stores on the south side are doing EXCELLENT. The one I shop at on E. Midlothian is always busy, always clean, very convenient. I'm there 3 - 4 times per week, and on a first-name basis with the manager.

Even if I do move to the north side, I'll still be making a weekly trip to the store to do the bulk of my grocery shopping.   ;)
~ Normal is overrated ~

Rick Rowlands

A 10 minute observation is hardly indicative of anything.  Conversely, a similar 10 minute observation taken during the store's busiest time may lead to a false impression that the store is doing really well.

iwasthere

wednesday is coupon day in the newspaper. people usually wait until their np is delivered to them for the weekend specials. the bd on midlothian does a decent business during the wk.

northside lurker

Do stores normally see brisk activity on a Wednesday?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

I parked near the Bottom Dollar Store in the Mahoning Plaza today.  Very few cars were in the parking lot.   In a ten minute period, only about four customers entered the store.  Most of those exiting the store only carried one or two items.

Was this typical of sales at Bottom Dollar?  How are the BD stores doing on the south side?