News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Mahoning River Awareness Group - Wednesday, April 25

Started by jay, April 24, 2012, 08:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Mary_Krupa

yes, I heard the fishing is GREAT in Lowellville but did hear indirectly that you should limit the number of times you eat the fish.

I guess all of the pollution is in the bed, not the water, with the worst area being Girard.
Mary Krupa
"We the People..."

sfc_oliver

Yes it would be great canoeing from Lowellville to 224. Too many dams going back toward Youngstown.

And last time I checked the warnings on eating the fish from the Mahoning most were ok to eat I think the catfish had a limit per month and the warned against catfish over 21 inches.

<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

iwasthere

Quote from: sfc_oliver on April 27, 2012, 08:33:37 AM
Shhh! Mahoning river is getting to be one of the best kept fishing secrets in the State......
is the fish eatible?

Mary_Krupa

My brother and I went canoeing on the Mahoning in October of 2010 after someone told me about this at the Grey to Green Festival that September.

We boarded in downtown Lowellville and went to a little past Route 224 in the New Castle area. The water was crystal clear and we saw a bald eagle's nest. At times I felt I was in some wilderness area. Never forgot the experience.
Mary Krupa
"We the People..."

sfc_oliver

Shhh! Mahoning river is getting to be one of the best kept fishing secrets in the State......
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

jay

This is a new group.  A survey of potential members was taken at YSU Earth Day event and at the first meeting.  Additional meeting information will be posted when it becomes available.

jay

Meeting Notice
Mahoning River Awareness Group

Wednesday, April 25, 7:00 p.m.

- Location -
B&O Station
530 Mahoning Avenue
Downtown Youngstown