News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Voters Reject Trumbull County Transit Levy

Started by jay, November 09, 2011, 09:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northside lurker

Quote from: Rick Rowlands on November 11, 2011, 08:48:43 PM
Isn't that what I said?  I hope you aren't going to start with that BS about how private auto owners are subsidized and all that crap.   

No.  You said: "If Trumbull County residents want good public transportation, then they should pay the full cost of their trips."  So let me rephrase my response.  If everyone paid the "full cost" of their trips, we wouldn't need levies/taxes to pay for mass-transit.  You don't really believe that the gasoline tax, and other user fees--like registration fees, pay for all roads, do you?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Rick Rowlands

Isn't that what I said?  I hope you aren't going to start with that BS about how private auto owners are subsidized and all that crap.   

northside lurker

If everyone paid the "full cost" of their trips, private mass transit would be financially feasible.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Rick Rowlands

If Trumbull County residents want good public transportation, then they should pay the full cost of their trips.  I voted against it. 

jay

The voters in Trumbull County don't want public transportation or they don't want to pay taxes to support it.

Suggestion
If Trumbull County residents want good public transportation, they should move to Mahoning County.  We provide for our senior citizens.

mrniles266

jay

On Tuesday, voters rejected the Trumbull County Transit levy.

For the Levy        24,205
Against the Levy 43,793