News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

For Westsider

Started by Towntalk, November 16, 2010, 08:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Apparently the plans for the Youngstown World Trade Center are already drawn up by Faniro Architects, Inc.

Towntalk

Extracts from The Business Journal:

"We're trying to use a very innovative program called EB-5, an immigrant investor visa program," Planey said during a press event to launch the chamber's new international marketing book. The program allows high net-worth aliens to invest in a commercial project and in return obtain permanent resident status for themselves and their families, he said.

Under the EB-5 program, individuals who invest at least $500,000 and create at least 10 jobs could qualify for a visa. Planey has estimated the new project could bring more than 250 jobs to the downtown.

The building would be owned by a for-profit investment group but managed by the chamber or a subsidiary, Planey explained.

From The Vindicator

He also discussed a $9 million Youngstown World Trade Center complex to be built on West Federal Street that will house small- to medium-sized businesses interested in establishing themselves in the U.S.
The building also would provide about 56,000 square feet of office and retail space and be a means to enhance the Valley's importance as a gateway for international commerce, Planey explained.
Plans call for renovating the 93-year-old Wells Building and adding a six-story modern office tower next to it, Planey noted, adding that groundbreaking is set for early next year and the project is estimated to wrap up by mid-2012.

Youngstownshrimp

Amazing!  I was stunned, the Chamber is hijacked by a bunch of entitled, who have no business in pretending that they can even discuss business.  This Eric Planey, jetsetting all around the globe with nothing to show for it and now some "World Trade Center"  in Youngstown?  Youngstown who manufactures nothing, and has nothing to trade?  Not even labor by the 57% entitled, what a big joke!  I'm glad the free enterprise people are coming to YukTown to kick some entitled ass and to "Defund Youngstown."   

Rick Rowlands

Sounds like another blimp factory to me.   They are applying for government grants to pay to build it.  What is its purpose?  Do we really need more office space downtown when entire buildings sit empty already?

northside lurker

I wish I had some info to pass along.  But everything I know about the project is in this article from the Business Journal: http://business-journal.com/breaking-news-trade-center-downtown-p17935-1.htm
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

Westsider what's the scoop on a downtown international trade center?

This sounds great.