News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Ipe Kids World gets a picket fence

Started by jay, October 27, 2003, 06:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.A.

Tiffany,

You are correct.  I drove past the Ipe playground on Tuesday and was only able to see the upper half of an adult as they stood inside the new enclosure.  The little children could not be easily seen from Midlothian Boulevard or from most of the parking lot.

Tiffany

This is a disaster waiting to happen!

Who is responsible for the decision to put up the enclosure around the playground?

I can't believe that someone used any thought processes at all in coming up with this brilliant idea!

In this day and age, we should be concerned about the safety of our children.  This fence obstructs the full view of any children in that playground, leading to possible harm or worse of those children.  

It appears that the kids will not be visible from passersby.  If a child falls and is terribly injured, who will see it, let alone go in to help?  The major concern that I have would be that some older youths would beat up or inflict much worse acts upon the little ones and no one would intervene quick enough, or at all.

I have taken my little ones to this playground and felt safe. But that's because there wasn't a barrier around it.
I will not take the kids there anymore until this ridiculous fence is taken down.

I appreciate that fact that contributors want recognition for donating to the playground, but use common sense when it comes to our kids.  Put safety first and install a chain link fence and make stepping stones with their names on them.  

jay

Workers are in the process of installing a picket fence around the new playground at Ipe Kids World on East Midlothian Boulevard.[/b]