News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Lower Elm Street

Started by jay, October 03, 2010, 05:49:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rushblvd

Still is a very nice area---nice people and nice homes...

Oldmill

moved to Euclid blvd in 76 ,abt 10 blocks South of Midlothian , That was a nice area then ... probably still is until you get to midlothian

Rushblvd

Was not me, I swear- 8)--I was only 6yrs old----I never got a new bike till I was 11....My brothers used to give me the old ones---

Oldmill

I guess this is off topic but it brought back a memory of mine ....
Quote from: Rushblvd on October 04, 2010, 11:41:36 AM
I grew up on  the northside and remember walking downtown with my older brothers via bryson and the YSU campus...They would take my by the Penguins...Good memories
in 1968 I was living on Redondo rd near 5th and I went to I think it was Kroger or Atlantic mills (Then) up on Belmont on my brand new bike a purple 5 speed . I went into the store came out a few minutes later and my bike was gone ! Never to be seen again . That was the first and only new bike I ever had . I got a used one the next year. Yes such wonderfull memories of Y-town.

Rushblvd

I grew up on  the northside and remember walking downtown with my older brothers via bryson and the YSU campus...They would take my by the Penguins...Good memories

jay

Allan,
This is another shot of the building under construction on the YSU campus.  You may be able to make out the valley's distant horizon through the steel supports of the unfinished roof.

joly1584

Quote from: AllanY2525 on October 03, 2010, 07:15:41 AM

What is that in the picture with the cris-cross lattice framework?  A new campus
building?

That is the framework for the new WATTS center.  An indoor practice facility largely funded by Jim Tressel and his in-laws.

AllanY2525

Jay -

I have a friend in Younstown who can remember walking down Elm Street - before i680
was put in and before there was a bridge !   

I can (barely) remember when there were still houses standing where YSU Stadium is now...

LOL

What is that in the picture with the cris-cross lattice framework?  A new campus
building?

jay

Remember when you could drive down lower Elm Street and see across the valley?

That nice view is now gone!