News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Tenant Registry

Started by jay, September 16, 2010, 08:38:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shar

I would also favor some type of registry for tenants.  I think it should be county wide, not just the City of Youngstown.  I would be curious how the one in Allan's area works. 

cc4

"Do you favor the creation of a tenant registry in the city of Youngstown?

YES

northside lurker

I'd be in favor of a tenant registry.  I'd like to hear Allan's answers to Towntalk's questions, too.

IMO, the answers to #2 & 3 are easy, though.  If you paid the $20 to be a registered landlord, you would have access to the tenant registry.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

Perhaps Allan could answer these questions for the tenant registry in his city.

I would favor a tenant registry of bad tenants if it is able to keep them out of my neighborhood.
(we just had a bad tenant move out)(I hope that family doesn't move into any Forum member's neighborhood)

Towntalk

And what happens if there are two people with the same name, one with a spotless record, and one with a bad record?

Why?Town

I do not live in the city but a blacklist be better. Then only the bad tenents have to worry about their information being available.

Towntalk

Questions:

1. Just how much information would be made available?

2. Who would have access to the information?

3. If anyone could access the database, I'd have to say absolutely no. There's already too much personal information out there on individuals that anyone can access.

Why not just have an all inclusive public database that includes absolutely every detail about every American including tax records ... bank records ... Social Security records ... credit records ... medical records ... everything so that anyone could access the information at their leasure?

jay

Allan mentioned a tenant registry in the city where he lives.

For Forum members who live in the city of Youngstown.
Do you favor the creation of a tenant registry in the city of Youngstown?