News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Quiz A Kid

Started by jay, July 28, 2010, 09:32:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

john r. swierz

That  would be great!  How about Jim Loboy as moderator.

Towntalk

jay

I've made contact with a professor from YSU who would like the topics to be expanded to include science and math.  The professor is also trying to get some prizes.

Another Suggestion
I've been asked to consider holding this Quiz as a children's activity during First Night Youngstown.

Rick Rowlands

I would donate copies of my reprint of the 1937 YS&T "What We Make and How We Make It" illustrated book about making Youngstown steel as an additional prize.

Towntalk

Great idea Jay. A really great idea to stimulate our young people to learm about our history.

Back when Youngstown was celebrating its Bicentennial a contest such as this was held along with an essay contest.

As prizes, what about reproduced copies of one of the following sets of books?

20th Century History of Youngstown and Mahoning County – Sanderson
Historical Collections of the Mahoning Valley – Vol. 1 – MVHS
History of the Western Reserve – Upton
History of Trumbull and Mahoning County – Williams
History of Youngstown and the Mahoning Valley, Ohio – Butler

jay

Did you ever see the show Cash Cab?

How about a new game in which children in Youngstown would be asked questions about the community?  Small non-cash prizes would be awarded for correct answers.  Maybe this would stimulate youngsters to learn more about our city.