News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Garden District Sidewalk Sales

Started by jay, May 15, 2010, 06:01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

Quote from: Rick Rowlands on May 15, 2010, 05:05:41 PM
I saw that photo and immediately the theme song of "Sanford and Son" started playing in my head.

Has anyone actually stopped there and could tell us if anything they had was worth buying?
rr i did buy some items that were worth my time to buy and shop. it is a small world i talk to the owner of the business and i found out that his family was from the same town where i was born and raised. i grew up and went to school with his older siblings. it is a small world. the shop has many worthwhile items for sale, stop and shop there today everyone.

northside lurker

Quote from: Rick Rowlands on May 15, 2010, 05:05:41 PM
I saw that photo and immediately the theme song of "Sanford and Son" started playing in my head.

Has anyone actually stopped there and could tell us if anything they had was worth buying?

My neighbor has stopped in, and says that a lot of their inventory comes from property managers who clean out houses after their tenants leave, or houses that have been foreclosed on, etc.  So, there are lots of things like appliances, furniture, etc.

Ray DeCarlo has been notified about this store, and the clothing store down the street.  And, I'm told he has stopped by to talk to the owners.  So, there isn't much else to do except continue to complain.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Rick Rowlands

northside lurker

I've never seen this before.  That mess has always been gone by the time I get home from work, apparently.  The address is 1707 Mahoning Ave.

As I've said before, I don't mind displaying items for sale on the sidewalk, as long as there is plenty of room for pedestrian traffic.  But, I see no reason to make your storefront look like a permanent garage sale.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

What is that, a junk shop?

If I were to set up business and clutter the sidewalk with stuff like that, not only would the city be on my back, but so would the neighbors.

Where is this place at, ie, address?

And more importantly where are the Garden District people who are doing so much to beautify the area?

Elmo-Ytown

Good, it shows that it is an active business place, it attracts more people, they make more money, they pay more taxes, we have more cops, it becomes a safer neighborhood, more businesses move in, they put stuff on their sidewalks, it attracts more people, they make more money, they pay m . . . . 

jay

There's more than one business placing sale items on the sidewalks along Mahoning Avenue in the Garden District.