News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Mill Creek Park Clean Up

Started by Why?Town, April 23, 2010, 02:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why?Town

Thanks Sarge,

Our troop had two firsts this year, We found a bicycle (very trashed) in the creek and a woman's wallet with several credit cards. We then ate lunch in the rain at Pioneer Pavilion and hiked to the Old Mill where we were lucky enough to actually watch them open the gates and start the wheel spinning. Then we hiked back to where we started, about 5 miles total and at least a couple of the scouts can use this for their second class rank advancement.

The wallet was turned in to the park police.

sfc_oliver

My salute to the scouts for all they do.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

connie254

My son is part of Troop 3-a special needs troop. Because they take longer to accomplish some of the requirements of the badges, they are exempt from the age limit. My son is the youngest at 19 and the oldest is over 50. Of the 9 scouts, 4 are Eagle. Some are mental disabled and some are physically disabled.
They have the Daffodil area.

Why?Town

Tomorrow Saturday the 24th, the Boy Scouts of America's Whispering Pines District will be taking part in the annual Earth Day Clean up at Mill Creek Park.

Starting at 9:00 AM, rain or shine, the Scouts will decend upon the park with gloves and trash bags to do their good turn for the day.

Pack 184 will be cleaning the trails on both sides of the creek from the Old Mill to the Silver Bridge, Troop 184 will be cleaning the trail from Pioneer Pavilion north, past Slippery Rock Pavilion and along Robinson Hill Drive on the way back.

I am Asst CubMaster for Pack 184 and my son is part of Troop 184.  There should be over 100 other scouts in the park too.