News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Horizonal Elevator & ConvocationCenter

Started by mrniles, October 30, 2005, 07:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daysleeper47

Let's not forget that those systems costs millions, and perhaps billions of dollars depending on how far they reach. Do you do stations or hop-on, hop-off? It is an interesting idea, but let's research the use of WRTA and its downtown trolley before we talk about a new tram.

ytowner

When you say People Mover do you mean this; like a RAPID TRANSIT SYSTEM?
If So I do like the idea.

Or something like this?

From my 10 times staying in Downtown Buffalo for business they have a system like this in one road and all day long it goes from 1 end to the other end; it really doesn't bother traffic either...

This is be great to have; but where would you put it?

jay

I would like to see an enclosed elevated walkway connecting the two east end parking decks with the Convocation Center.   Downtown Akron has elevated walkways connecting many of the downtown buildings.

mrniles

:)
Now that the Convocation Center is alive, It's time  to mention the Horizonal Elevator again. Talk of no parking at YCC. I mentioned some time ago about  this type of People Mover connecting the Downtown and YSU. There is plenty of parking. With such a system, park anywhere along the line  and get to the YCC. It would work if there would be a game at the stadium. Park at YCC. The People Mover connects all the parking lots,resturants, activity areas, to make it easy to get to Youngstown events. Any thoughts?