News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Future Of The Working Class - Monday, August 3

Started by jay, August 03, 2009, 10:35:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

irishbobcat

I thought Dan Moadus might make a 17th congressional campaign stop to learn about the future of the working class------but then I forgot, he's out to destroy it!

elecpencil

First off why do some working-class guys vote for the corporate class? It's because they are corporate tools and love bending over for the boss.The GOP fired their facts checkers years ago and hate intellectuals. This event featured Mike Stout and Charlie McCollister two guys who spent time working at Pittsburgh area steel mills which makes them working-class not intellectuals.

I've know both of them for over a decade and they tell it like it is. Unfortunately, some people can't handle the truth.

Rick Rowlands

Yep sorry I couldn't make it but concrete forms don't get built by themselves.  Also had a couple of unexpected guests, so a very productive evening.

irishbobcat

Missed Rick at tonight's talk on how the Labor-Green Alliance will eventually win out over the conservative policies of Reagan, Bush, and Dubya.........

Saw many Green Party members in attendance........building for the future.....

Progressive Democrats  vote Green in 2010~~~~~~~~

Towntalk

So what's so evil about doing an honest days work rather that sitting around feeding at the public troft?

Even liberals believe in an honest days work.

irishbobcat

God forbid a conservative actually sitting down with a bunch of intellectuals and having a discussion....he might learn something and denounce conservatisim...

Rick Rowlands

Oh darn, at 7 pm I'll be too busy acting like a member of the working class to sit around with a bunch of intellectuals talking about it.

jay

Future Of The Working Class
A Panel Discussion

Monday, August 3, 7:00 p.m.

Moderated by John Logue
Political Science Professor, Kent State University

Panelists:
Sherry Linkon, YSU Center for Working Class Studies

Charles McCollister (labor historian from Pittsburgh, part of shut down fights and professor at Indiana University of Pennsylvania)

Mike Stout - musician and former head steward at Homestead Works and now worker-owner of printing co-op in Pittsburgh.

- Location -
First Unitarian Universalist Church
1105 Elm Street
(across from Wick Park)
Youngstown, Ohio