News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Lansingville Parade

Started by kenneyjoe330, May 26, 2009, 05:28:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenneyjoe330

THANK YOU    :-*   THANK YOU    :-*   THANK YOU    :-*   

TO ALL ON THIS FORUM for you're encouragement in going on with this years parade.  It was directly through the efforts of Jay and others on this forum that TRULY MADE The Lansingville  Parade the success that it turned out to be.  This insurance thing has "knocked me out" and hopefully by next year - things maybe different - but for now ya just might say "I'm out for the count" (7 - 1 is sad but not too bad)

iwasthere

did iris make this decision by herself or did she have to hire outside council to make this ruling? she has spent over 250,000 dollars of the ytown taxpayers monies on outside council last year, no wonder the wandering diners have no police protection while dining at ytown eateries. drennan told iwasthere that as long a city rep is in the parade there is no need for blockwatches' parades to have ins. the blockwatch group has it through the city rep on the hospice of the city.

jay

Is there any chance of using the St. Matthias parking lot for the picnic?

Mary_Krupa

I understand Iris Guglecello made this ruling. Is there nothing more pressing with which to utilize the talents of our law department?

I belong to a block watch and we operate on a shoestring as does Lansingville's and I assume others. The 7WCC has a tight budget, too. That's why we do fundraisers such as our annual yard sale.

Mary Krupa
"We the People..."

sfc_oliver

That has got to be one of the dumbest things Youngstown has pulled yet.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Rushblvd

Can't the 7th ward coalition and blockwatch groups help offset the costs?

irishbobcat

This should make the Bulldoze Youngstown folks happy....and we know who you are....

iwasthere

iwasthere cannot believe what he read. neighborhood parades must show proof of insurance for a gathering!!!!!!!! has anyone contacted jay Williams administration for a waive for this ridiculous roadblock to celebrate the nation's birthday???? what would our founding fathers would say to this assine request from the city and the board of education. kennyjoe iwasthere never carries money to lansingville because the exchange rate is lower then the russian ruble and for the passport you would have to beat iwasthere with a wet noodle before iwasthere will give up his passport while visiting his lady friend Romona in lansingville. kennyjoe do you want a group of protesters to stand outside of the cityhall and board of education bldg. to show the city residents the injustice that is brought down to the lansingville parade's committee? i know a group of professional pro/anti ACLU protesters that will take on your cause. kennyjoe give iwasthere the go ahead and will do the hit for you.

jay

Is shrinking the number of parades in Youngstown part of the 2010 Plan?

;D

kenneyjoe330

NEWS FLASH   :'( NO LANSINGVILLE PARADE THIS YEAR OR MAYBE EVEN EVER ! ! !  :'(
Yes folks ----- It seems as though Liability Insurance is NOW needed for both Parades and "Gatherings".  This is required by both The City of Youngstown and The Youngstown Board of Education.  I have asked a few insurance agencies who had to go to their respected brokers and found the cheepest to be $360.00 - but that would include any kind of activity we would have for one whole year.  Poor BABA don't got that kind of dough ! ! !  Maybe next year we could put in for a grant and have the insurance for ONE year so that we can have the parade AFTER the 4th of July one year and BEFORE the 4th of July the next year.   :laugh:  :P  Does anyone think that is thinking too much like a Republican ? ? ?   ???   I think the answer to THAT question would have to start another thread  :laugh:

P.S.  In MY HOME POLKA RULES ! ! !  I will never forget one time we had friends visiting for a few days from Baltimore and we had "Da Strudders Station" on the radio playing Polka music around 8 in the morning.  Thy couldn't believe their ears and thought it was hysterical.  We think it is a GREAT WAY to start the day  :-* Tanks Strudders  :-*

P.S.S.  NEXT time you come to Lansingville iwasthere you HAD BETTER bring your passport and some dough because BABA is going to ask you for both  ;D

P.S.S.S.  I SAID I WAS ON PATROL - YOU CAN NOT PROVE A THING - AND I AM STICKING TO MY STORY  :P

iwasthere

that was terry good twin. he was complaining about his evil twin terry that is what you heard while you were playing the peeping tom of the neighborhood under the guise of blockwatch patrol.

Towntalk

Kenny:

Since some of our best Polka bands come from Lansingville, will there be any polka music?

kenneyjoe330

NEWS FLASH FROM LANSINGVILLE
not all is wwweeeellll  :'(   much difficulty as it goes so far   :(. . .  more to follow soon :-X

Hay Bobdog LANSINGVILLE IS NO WAY DOWN THE HILL FROM Hazelton - your map is obviously folded wrong  :o  You are quite correct that a passport is really not need (but appreciated) and yes bring dough and BABA will be glad you did ! ! !

iwasthere was in Lansingville at least once that I know of - cause I saw him lurching in the shadows of the full moon with my night binoculars  ;) while on patrol - and WHAT A SIGHT that was  ;D  I think that Terry kid was with him cause I thought I heard some complaining  :laugh:

iwasthere

the wandering- wondering are going to have a regiment their too. i heard there is a group that is called, "what are we going to do with terry esarco" in the parade. is that true?

john r. swierz

If there are any groups or organizations that would like to march in the parade please let  me know by calling330 7885114