News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

City-Wide Cleanup - Saturday, May 16

Started by jay, May 14, 2009, 06:38:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

jay

The Youngstown Litter Control Coordinator recently sent a nice thank you note to everyone who participated in the city-wide cleanup.

DefendYoungstown

There was an organized cleanup of two vacant lots adjacent to the Golden Dawn. The cleanup was designed to be a kick off to larger corridor enhancement project that will include pocket parks and mural artwork pieces in the area with a hope that the projects/area can serve as a model for similar areas throughout the city. Participating institutions include:

Defend Youngstown
Mahoning Valley Organizing Collaborative
Treez Please
1st Unitarian Church
Resettle Youngstown (resettleyoungstown.org)
Youngstown Metro Church
Art Youngstown Inc.

We will be launching a website within the next 2 weeks that will identify meeting dates, project updates, next steps, etc. In the meantime, if you are interested in learning more about the project or would like to participate in the next meeting/cleanup, please feel free to contact me. Thanks.

Phil
(330) 519-8712
phil@mvorganizing.org

Mary_Krupa

Here's what I know about the 7th Ward. Four of us cleaned up Powers Way from Neilson to the bridge. The Boulevard Park Neighbors Association did a clean-up. 20 people signed up but I'm not sure how many people participated. Dewey near Poland Avenue was cleaned up but I'm not sure how many people participated. I really was hoping for more people from the 7th Ward.
Mary Krupa
"We the People..."

northside lurker

I think there were about 25 who participated in the Garden District clean-up--including some kids from Flying High.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

This was the start of the City-Wide Cleanup today at the Convocation Centre in downtown Youngstown.

irishbobcat

Sorry I missed today's clean-up and treez please program....my wife had a workshop out of town and my babysitter called off at the last moment.

Hope everybody stayed dry!

Dennis Spisak

Mary_Krupa

If you are cleaning up a property that is highly visible and it's in the city, I would say yes.
Mary Krupa
"We the People..."

Towntalk

Tod Engine Foundation | 2261 Hubbard Road | Youngstown, OH 44505

Mary_Krupa

Mary Krupa
"We the People..."

Rick Rowlands

We're pressure washing equipment at the Tod Engine Heritage Park tommorrow, so does this qualify as "city wide clean up"?

Mary_Krupa

7th Warders are meeting downtown at the center. Boulevard Park neighborhood association is having a clean up in their area but someone will pick up the supplies downtown.

There will be tee shirts, bags and gloves at the center. Coffee, water and donuts will be served.

I heard that Sean McKinney is predicting about 700 people will be there, many of them youth groups.
Mary Krupa
"We the People..."

northside lurker

It just occurred to me that my above post might look like I'm trying to grab attention.  The reason I made the post is to clarify that not everyone who plans to participate will be at the Chevy/Covelli center at 8:00 AM.  I suspect there are other neighborhood groups that have organized their own clean-up event, too.

Comments have been made in the past about the number of people (or lack there of) who were present at the Chevy Center.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

northside lurker

Those wishing to participate in the Garden District neighborhood cleanup should meet at the training center at the corner of Eleanor and Mahoning Ave. at 9:30 AM.
--Thomas Edison

irishbobcat

jay

The Youngstown City-Wide Cleanup will take place on Saturday, May 16.  Meet at the Convocation/Chevy/Covelli Centre at 8:00 a.m. to get supplies and your work assignment.

Could someone check to see if this year's T-shirts and gloves are American made?