News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

The men and women ringing the bells........

Started by Smokey362, November 15, 2008, 03:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenneyjoe330

The Salvation Army is one of my favorite charities for a number of reasons.  We all know that the Red Cross is a great organization too.
However in defence of the Red Cross I was told by an old soldier that the Red Cross was ORDERED TO CHARGE for their services.  I think it was because they were a secular organization and The Salvation Army came under a religious organization.  Can anyone give us further information on this? 

A Most BLESSED Christmas Season to ALL ! ! !

Elmo-Ytown

Maybe the people walking past put a fifty in at the last store, or maybe they donate their money to another good cause. The Salvation Army gets plenty of money each year, and do plenty of good with it, and I think that's great, but when I walk into Walmart I don't need people judging me, not the Salvation Army, not Walmart, not the other customers, and not you.

On an up note, Merry Christmas to you!

Smokey362

I sat in our car today waiting for my wife at three different stores.  The Salvation Army people were at all three.  I was totally amazed at the people that walked right past them without even tossing a dime in the pot.
  Back when my father (rip) was in the Army, he said "The Red Cross had coffee and donuts....as long as you had money to pay for them".  "The Salvation Army had food, coffee and other things and they were given to us at no charge".  The Salvation Army does so much GOOD for so many people.  Before you pass by without putting some change or a dollar or two in there.....keep in mind.  This Country is so messed up...someday, God forbid, YOU and I may be people in need of the Salvation Army.
  Merry Christmas 2008