News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Promoting The WRTA

Started by jay, May 16, 2008, 09:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

As of May 12, 2008, the Buckeye route was eliminated.   Service was merged with the South Avenue route.  The South route does not travel through Lansingville or the Buckeye area.

Elmo-Ytown

Even one more person riding the bus helps, but how many of us ride it whenever it is going where we're going? I know that I haven't been, so I'm committing to riding it whenever possible from now on. BTW, what gives with the buckeye route? I see people using it all the time!

jay

That is less than a month from today.   Which day of the week would be best for you?

I'll start telling my friends about the transit day.
Maybe the our transit day could be listed on the downtown Youngstown events schedule. :)

irishbobcat

Jay:

because of my work schedule, I would be able to do this anytime after June 6, 2008......

I would like to be a part of it......

Dennis Spisak

jay

Several of us are interested in success of the WRTA.  We should teach our friends how to take the bus even with its service limitations.

Suggestion
Let's have a ride the bus day.  Bring a friend on a bus ride to downtown Youngstown for lunch at one of our restaurants.  Provide our friends with bus schedules and the tell them about monthly passes and other discounts.

Suggestion
Start a movement to "invest in the WRTA" by purchasing bus coupon books.  Maybe a small influx of money would help to restore some service.