News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

City Government Office

Started by jay, April 21, 2008, 07:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

connie254

More than likely they were taking a break.
Years ago I called the mayor's office because of tall grass, that the health dept said was on their list to cut 3 months prior and funding ran out. So I called to complain to the mayor. The woman that answered the phone said the mayor had 3 secretaries but one was laid off so she had to pick up the slack. Wrong answer because I was laid off from the hospital at the time. Funny how the funding ran out, but the grass got cut 2 hours after that phone call and I never got a chance to talk to anyone but that secretary.
BTW, how many secretaries does Mayor Jay have? Can we have a list of positions that we pay for as taxpayers in city government? And the salary? Remember when council members used to have their spouses serve as assistants/secretaries/whatever and got a salary?  Was it a civil service thing? How many friends of Mayor Williams are pulling in a check from city govt that they didn't have prior to his election?

Elmo-Ytown

I don't know about staffing levels, but speaking of City Hall, ever ride the elevator? It's scarier than Wick Park at midnight...

jay

I had to call an office at city hall today.  The phone rang and rang.  Finally, the answer machine picked up and a recording stated that the phone mail box was full.  Are some of the offices at city hall understaffed already?