News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Ohio Primaries

Started by Towntalk, January 26, 2008, 12:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rusty river

Quote from: Towntalk on February 01, 2008, 02:38:24 AM

Look for a whole lot of Republicansto stay home in November if McCain gets the nod at the convention.

Especially after his quoting of Chairman Mao on Leno last night....

oi vey

Towntalk

Actually there are reports out there that McCain at one point was thinking about becoming a Democrat. http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/democrats-say-mccain-nearly-abandoned-gop-2007-03-28.html How true this is remains to be seen, but it will be fun watching the RNC Convention this year to see just how it all plays out. As for the Mahoning Valley, don't hold your breath about it going Republican this year. There is a distinct chance of a Clinton/Obama or Obama/Clinton ticket, and that will beat hard team to beat around here.

This very question was posed at the LA Democratic debate last night, and while neither candidate said yes, the door was opened by Wolf Blitzer.

"MR. BLITZER: There may have been some nasty words exchanged, or angry words or whatever. But the question is this. Would you consider an Obama-Clinton or Clinton-Obama ticket going down the road?"

Look for a whole lot of Republicansto stay home in November if McCain gets the nod at the convention.

ytowner

I saw a brand new Valley Politics Blog that is focusing heavy on the upcoming presidential primaries.
http://valleyred.wordpress.com

I will be voting for Mitt Romney for President.

Towntalk

Actually that is not quite correct Jay. On the Republican side there will be four - McCain; Romney; Huckabee; and Paul. (This may change after Super Tuesday).

Apparently you are a Democrat, and yes there will only be two - Obama and Clinton, (I shant say who I'll be voting for, but it's not Clinton).

McCain looks to be the Republican candidate after the convention, especially after today with both Rudy and Arnold announcing their support for him (See my web site for the latest news).

The big question now is how will Obama and Clinton do on Super Tuesday. This will tell us who will come out of the Convention the winner.

CONVENTION DATES:

DNC – AUG. 25 – 28, 2008
GOP  –  SEPT. 1 - 5, 2008

For those who will not be watching the conventions on C-SPAN, I will be doing extensive coverage of them on my web site http://farrell-report.tripod.com from start to finish.

jay

Presidential candidates keep dropping out of the race based on the results in just a few states.   When Ohio has its primary in March, there will only be two candidates for each party.
I don't like this. 

Towntalk

Last night, while putting my web site together, I was shocked that on the ABC News web site was a lengthey post pouring out the lies about Obama, and needless to say the main article wasn't included just to keep that post off my site.

This is going to be a very dirty campaign, and you are going to be overwhelmed with very nasty campaign material. It puts me in mind of the Kennedy/Nixon campaign, but hopefully, in the end, we will ge past all the trash.

The sad part about the whole mess is that folks are free to say absolutely anything without having to back their statements up with proof in campaign material, leaving it up to us to try to seperate fact from fiction.

connie254

Good question. I'm still thinking about it. A coworker sent me an email that continues the lies about Obama and the pledge of allegience/koran,etc. I'm not too keen on him, but snopes.com said it's not true. She's not registered to vote and can go on for hours about what she believes is Catholic dogma (she gets her info from radical websites and a woman who believes the Pope is the antiChrist for allowing the Mass to be said in anything but Latin). She says she was taught most of this stuff in parochial school but never attends Mass or any other religious service. I learned nothing from CCD but picked up a weath of information from Mass, religious books by priests and non Catholic Christians and can dispute most of her beliefs.
For years, my father who was demented received the absentee ballot and my mother filled it out for him depending on whose wife she didn't like.  I could never get the BOE to stop sending them out. Scary how some people vote without learning anything about the candidates or their beliefs.

sfc_oliver

Not even sure yet who to vote for in the primaries. Unfortunately this election is shaping up to where I will be forced to vote against someone instead of for someone.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Oldmill

I will be casting my vote for Ron Paul. If he were not in the race I would be voting for no one again. In my opinion there is nobody else worth voting for. Its all big money and lies, So remember folks ...Don't ever ask your children if they ever want to be president when they grow up, If you are not filthy stinking rich it cannot ever happen .

Towntalk

The Ohio Primaries are coming up in March and the question is how will Mahoning County go so far as the Presidential race is concerned?

Clinton - D
Obama - D
Edwards – D

McCain – R
Huckabee – R
Romney – R
Giuliani - R