News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

2010 Plan - Neighborhood Profiles

Started by Ted, November 20, 2006, 02:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northside lurker

I look forward to seeing more completed neighborhood profiles.  The work I did is very preliminary.  Our block watch really isn't a good representation of the whole neighborhood, so I'm hoping that Miss. Righetti can show others who live in the area.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Ted

WestSider,

Our group on the Northside is working on one as well. Now that we have a visual of what it should look like, this would be a great place to showcase your neighborhood. I wish I had known earlier in the year, though. The picture slide show just won't be as nice this time of year.

Our group has been working with Mr Kobak of the City Planning Department. I don't know how much council members will be able to help though.

AllanY2525

I attended a meeting of the Parkside Neighbors group on my last trip to Youngstown -
this is the neighborhood surrounding Crandall Park in the North Heights subdivision
on the north side.  During that meeting there was a representative from the 2010 Plan
there who made an awesome presentation showing how the city is planning to promote
the unique qualities that each neighborhood has to offer.

"Boulevard Parl" is a very pretty area.... when I was in high school, I had a home ec.
teacher who lived on Rush Boulevard - many fond memories of hanging out with her
daughters, etc in that neighborhood.

:)

northside lurker

They did do a nice job with that one.

I worked on neighborhood 13. (we haven't come up with a name yet.)  I gave an outline report on our neighborhood to councilwoman Righetti at our last block watch meeting.  I'm not exactly sure what she will do with it, though. :)

I'm curious to know how many other neighborhood groups are putting this information together.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Ted

Checking out the 2010 Plan, the Boulevard Park Neighbors did a great job of introducing their neighborhood. Check it out.

http://www.youngstown2010.com/neighborhoods/south/boulevard_park/boulevard_park.htm