News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Traffic Signals Not Working On Canfield Road

Started by jay, October 12, 2015, 11:51:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

I stopped at the Cornersburg Sparkle Market early this morning.  Employees were in the process of removing dairy products, meats and any other food items that spoiled during the power outage.  The removed items were placed in the trash.

This grocery store should invest in an emergency power generator in case this ever happens again.

Towntalk

jay

I drove through Cornersburg shortly after 8:30 p.m. tonight.  The power was still out.  Businesses were closed and mostly dark except some had limited emergency lighting. 

The houses along streets in the neighborhood were dark with the exception of solar walkway lighting.

Towntalk

cts714

For future reference while approaching a signalized intersection that is without power state law requires that you treat it as an all way stop. Right of way laws for a 4 way stop apply. Generally speaking the Ohio Manual of Traffic Control Devices discourages placing temporary stop signs because when the power is restored and the signals go back in operation drivers will see conflicting directive i.e. A stop sign and green light.

DEAN

Major power outage in that area....6000+ are out....ALL the traffice lights around Cornersburg are out.

jay

Caution

Some traffic signals along Canfield Road are not working this morning.
Be careful at Arden Blvd. and at Bears Den Road.