News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

City Administration Hires But Most Not City Residents

Started by jay, April 25, 2013, 07:55:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penguins37

@kenney. You have to pass the tests to qualify. Can't pass you are not getting hired, regardless of race or gender.

kenneyjoe330

When I saw the picture of the "new fire fighters" I literally thought it was a picture from the 50's.  :o  No Black men or women and no white females!   ???   I wonder what the repercussions will be from that hire ::)

Rick Rowlands

You have to go out of the city to find people with a work ethic.   I want the best people for the job regardless of where they live.  Anyone with the work ethic needed to land a job in the fire department is also going to have the wherewithal to move out of the inner city hell holes and into houses out in the suburbs where the rest of us sane people live.

Its OK to work in Youngstown, but until the parasites are moved out it is no place to live.

Penguins37

Billy Mumphrey

This is not just a Youngstown problem. Many cities, townships, and counties are having problems hiring qualified people who actually live there.

Youngstownshrimp

jay

According to today's newspaper, the Sammarone administration just hired several more firefighters.  Of the three firefighters mentioned, one lives in Austintown and another in Cortland.  For an administration claiming to be concerned about jobs for Youngstown residents, the Sammarone administration continues to drop the ball by not hiring the residents of Youngstown.