News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Candidates for Mayor of Youngstown

Started by jay, February 23, 2004, 06:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Clem

I would not vote for Patton to be Dog catcher.  As my representitive he has been completely absent.  I hjave called him on issues only to have him tell me his mind was made up, only to have him not even consider my point of view.  

I have driven to Columbus to meet with him only to be pawned off on a temporary secretary who was not even familiar with the issue.

That is the sort of representation I have grown to expect from Sylvester Patton.  He needs to learn to listen and learn who he was elected to serve.

reggie mclendon

??? all I was saying about Rep. Patton is he could unite Youngstown for the first time in my lifetime.........his state wide connections would be great for Youngstown.........other than the ward the other two are from that's running for MAYOR nobody knows them.......We can not keep being torn apart by Race..........Blacks voting for Blacks and Whites voting for Whites.........Im a hard core Black Man but I refuse to vote for someone just because he's Black.......I done that before I was just as much Racist as ones I called Racist.......I love Youngstown we got a chance to make it, lets do it together ;)

KenneyJoe

Dear ytownheat,
   The statement was "When you know of other candidates, please post their names to the list."  After you had done just that (officially?) you went further and expressed your honest opinion, which was not called for and which turned a simple inquiry into a political debate ! ! ! So if it is OK with the form manager I would very much like you to write more more about why you think Rep. S. Patton would be "the best Choice" under this heading or perhaps start another thread.

ytownheart

State Rep. S Patton would the best Choice

jay

There is a rumor going around that Fifth Ward Councilman, Mike Rapovy, will soon announce his candidacy for Mayor of Youngstown.

jay

So far there are two announced candidates for Mayor of Youngstown in the next election.

Bob Bush
Current Youngstown Police Chief

John R. Swierz
Former President of Council
http://jrswierz.com
When you know of other candidates, please post their names to this list.[/size][/b]