News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

West Side Dine Out - Tuesday, August 21

Started by jay, August 19, 2012, 09:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

cc4

It's possible and very likely (in my case) that a person who enters a bar does so for the food and company (and not to get drunk).  I'm a fan of Casa Ramirez but have heard that  the food is good at Big's across the street from the Mexican restaurant.  If you include bars in the fuzzy borders of the Garden District, you willl find many fine places to eat along Steel Street including the Open Hearth, the Palm Cafe, and County Mayo.  I have enjoyed the food in all of those establishments and was able to walk out and drive home safely and legally. 

iwasthere

Quote from: iwasthere on August 22, 2012, 10:46:02 AM

do you think the gdm will remember which bars have the best foods after nite of drinking?

iwasthere

Quote from: jay on August 21, 2012, 08:51:08 PM
Most of the bars along Mahoning Avenue in the Garden District serve food.  Maybe the drinkers in the GDA group could tells us which have the best food.

northside lurker

I'm not one of the drinkers, and I'm not a biker, so I've never even set foot in the Handle Bar. :D  But I have had a Coke at the Bonanza Bar once.  I hate waiting for food, so I've never ordered takeout from there, but I might give it a try one of these days. (before I become a northsider)
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

Most of the bars along Mahoning Avenue in the Garden District serve food.  Maybe the drinkers in the GDA group could tells us which have the best food.

iwasthere

northside lurker

I don't think the Garden Cafe is open this evening. (though, they are open tomorrow, I believe)  But Jay said the Garden District.  That includes: Hunan Express, Bonanza Bar(?), & Casa Ramirez. (if there are others, I'm unaware of them)
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Rushblvd

jay

Suggestion

Dine in the Garden District today.

jay

West Side Dine Out

Tuesday, August 21

Support Our West Side Restaurants