News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Wasting Water?

Started by jay, August 15, 2012, 04:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Amen brother iwasthere.

iwasthere

as long as the water is refreshing me and my soul. i do not want to know what is in water. ignorance is bliss.

kenneyjoe330

EWWW I hope it is NOT recyled water - that is sooooo unsanitary UGH - sorrrrreeee charcoal just doesn't do IT  :o  Hay even big Gold Medal Olypian swimmers pee in the pool  :laugh:

Towntalk

The process"

1. Water in the reservoir is drawn through a filter into the pump and to the spray nozzle that has been preset for force and spray pattern.

2. Excess water reenters the reservoir after being filtered through drains or in some cases at the top of the reservoir are holes that draw in ground water from the fountain.

The filters are charcoal and are free of chemicals.

In most cases there is a timer and device that regulates water pressure.

jay

I'm pretty sure that if the water was reused it would have to be filtered and chemically treated.

Towntalk

What cantankerous curmudgeon would object to it?  ::) ;D ;) :laugh:

Towntalk

I don't have rug munchers or brats either  ;D  Heaven be praised  :laugh:  But like you westsider, so long as they're as far away from me as possable, it's a nice touch.

northside lurker

Was this the location of the WSCL picnic?  Maybe the park turned this on, expecting children to be at the picnic?

On a side note: since I don't have any kids, I didn't know the park had anything like this.  I think it's a neat idea; better than opening a fire hydrant.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

That makes absolutely 100% sense to anyone who ever watches THIS OLD HOUSE or the VICTORY GARDEN. It makes absolutely no sense that Mill Creek Park would just allow water to run for no reason at all in a wasteful mannor when there is technology to allow them to recycle water. By the way, this is not new technology, nor is it expensive requiring large cumbersome equipment. A simple reservoir under the pad catches the water and the pump sprays out the water.

Recently on THIS OLD HOUSE they showed a simple setup that would filter the water from washing machines to direct the water outside to water lawns and gardens and with a simple device that water can be sprayed in the manner shown in Jays photo.

iwasthere

the newer splash pads recylce the same water throughout the day. i wonder if this one of them?

Towntalk

???  Is it city water or water drawn from the lakes  ???

If it's city water, yes, but if it's lake water cycled through filters, then no.

iwasthere

is it on a timer? is water recycled back into this system?

jay

I made a visit to one of the playground areas in Mill Creek Park yesterday.  The weather was cool.  No children were around.  The water at this playground was allowed to run for hours.