News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Need help with corner and crashes...

Started by our2cents, July 02, 2010, 06:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

our2cents

I myself have not called Carol Rimedio-Righetti.  I did call the street department and left a message for someone a while back, and I can't remember who.  But, nothing came from that.  The neighbor on the other corner said they did call the council office.  I guess that would be a good place to start again.  I don't remember seeing her on the boards, so I can't say anything this way.

jay

Have you contacted the Youngstown city councilmember for your ward?

our2cents

The corner of Oakwood & N Hazelwood has always been a major location for crashes.  We just had another one on the corner that took out the porch of the corner house that took six people to the hospital.  The porch is shifted with damage to main support posts that run into the main roof.  Recently we also had a roll over accident into the same yard.  This neighborhood is full of children and luckily they were not playing catch in the yard this time. 

Who do I contact to make the city finally put in guardrails?  I mean, this has been brought to the attention of the city before and they put guardrails on the one corner, but not the other where most of the crashes happen.  The owners of the house are at a loss on how to make the city help protect their home.

Watch 21 news if you want to see footage.