News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

New Memorial At Chaney High School

Started by jay, June 07, 2010, 03:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Elmo, internet archives has a huge library of news reports from NBC, CBS and MBC as well as the BBC that are free to download and listen to at your leasure.

I realize that most folks that served in WW2 don't like to relive those days, but in case you would like to save them, they are there.

Two ways to search:

At the index look for the year ( 1939 etc ) also World War II has its own listing in that index.

http://www.archive.org/details/oldtimeradio

Click on Browse by subject/keyword

Elmo-Ytown

I'm not saying everyone who engages in war has some great purpose behind them, but we do. I've been to a German concentration camp, I've stood in the "shower room" and seen the ovens . . . People like that, countries and leaders who deal in evil, are the reason why there must be people like us to stop them. Sergeant Oliver is correct, without us and our allies conducting non-mindless war against them, the world would be ruled by the likes of Hitler and the lot. You wouldn't call what the US military does mindless if terrorists were setting off IED's on our turf. We take the fight to them, so that you can enjoy your latte in peace every morning.

sfc_oliver

This tells me that our children are not being taught the whole truth. Yes, war is mindless brutality.
But without the USA and our Allies engaging in this mindless brutality now and then; the world would be ruled by the likes of Adolf Hitler and Usama Bin Laden.

Army: A body of men assembled to rectify the mistakes of the diplomats.
--Josephus Daniels--
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Towntalk

Elmo, ask the millions of people who died at the hands of Adolph Hitler, and ask the people who suffered at the hands of Tojo.

Yesterday was the 66th anniversary of D-Day when allied forces broke Hitler's iron wall down, to bring an end to the mindless brutality that Nazi Germany brought down on the people of Europe.

Did anyone here remember that?

Wars are started by mindless brutes, and War is truely hell on earth for those caught in the middle.

The same goes for terrorists who subvert their souls to the likes of binLaden. 

Elmo-Ytown

Mindless brutality of war huh? War is brutal yes, but mindless? I serve in the US Army, and while I haven't deployed, I know that when I do it surely won't be mindless, it'll be for a reason, for a purpose. I think maybe these high schoolers need to get out and understand the world a little bit more before putting mindless statements on rocks. Who approved this anyways, are all the employees there mindless too?

jay

This is the inscription on the stone.

jay

A new memorial stone and landscaping are being installed in front of Chaney High School.