News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

DQ

Started by jay, February 15, 2010, 08:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

There you go!

Just because they lost their D.Q. franchise, it doesn't mean they have to
close up shop.

If they were doing enough business to be profitable before the franchise fees
for the D.Q. name brand got to be too much for them, perhaps they can remain
profitable now that they are out from under the franchise fees (?)

:)

Shirley

Noticed an open sign as West Side Ice Cream.

AllanY2525

Well,

If they can't afford to pay the franchise fees... maybe they could re-open
under a different trade name... say... Dairy KING ?!

just a thought..... lol

:)

our2cents

Yea, not the Austintown store, it was further North on 46.  I can't remember exactly where at...haven't gone up that way in a while...matter of fact, they may have dumped the DQ name before now...hmmm, I'll have to ask someone else I know that used to talk about it closing during the winter.  As for the one in Austintown, I always hated their turnaround drivethru...

Why?Town

I don't know if the rt 46 store is involved but I don't remember them ever closing for the winter before.

I will say that for the past 3 years at least the rt 46 store had the warmest ice cream I've ever eaten. It would be dripping before they even handed it to you.

our2cents

Bummer on that...my family would do quick night raids before they closed.  We drive by there 2-3x a day, and didn't even notice yesterday...I'll have to pay attention this next time by.

The signs we saw were there over the weekend while we were out running Saturday.  They weren't the Mahoning Ave store's signs...I think they were from that DQ further North on SR46 that closes during the winter.  Any idea if they're involved with those whole fiasco? 

yfdgricker

From the WFMJ TV21 Web Site -

YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (UPDATE) - Crews were removing the sign as the Mahoning Avenue Dairy Queen closed it's doors in Youngstown Tuesday.

Late last week, Dairy Queen corporation filed a suit saying the restaurant hasn't been paying franchise fees.

The lawsuit demanded that the owners stop using DQ's trademark and products.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio- Dairy Queen is suing to stop a restaurant on Youngstown's west side from using it's name.

The national ice cream chain has filed a federal law suit against the owners of the Mahoning Avenue DQ.

The suit asks for an order forbidding the display of Dairy Queen trademarks or use of it's products.

Dairy Queen claims store owners failed to pay franchise fees, and terminated their agreement in November.

The store's owners did not return messages left by 21 News.

AllanY2525

I hope the signs weren't there because the parent company revoked their
franchise license(s).... ?

our2cents

I just saw a bunch of DQ signs at the property on the corner of SR46 and Norquest.  I don't know which location around that they may have come from...they still had the see you in the spring writing on them.  Makes me wonder if they're going to move the one location on 46 down the road a bit in Austintown.  Or if they're planning on putting them up somewhere else...or someone bought them.  Don't know.

Why?Town

The Braizer store on Rt 46 has been closed for several weeks at least.

jay

There was a report on the TV news this evening indicating the Mahoning Avenue location in Youngstown is having a problem with the parent company.