News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Heavy Ice Damages West Side Library

Started by jay, February 20, 2010, 04:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

My gutters on the back of my house are going to need a little work once
the ice melts... they filled with partially melted ice, then re-froze over my back
patio... UGH

Rick Rowlands

Its practically impossible to stop ice dams from forming.  The damming can be minimized somewhat by insulating the attic floor and keeping the attic as cold as possible, or through the installation of heat wires as shown here:

http://www.heatersplus.com/roofs.htm?gclid=CIm70dHOhKACFYha2godligSkA

irishbobcat

But what are the best ways to avoid Ice Damns? that is the million dollar question....

Rick Rowlands

Most intelligent people know that ice buildup causes water damage.  Its a part of life in this part of the US.  Gutters are not rigidly fastened to the eaves in wood framed structures. They come off easily and are easily repaired. 

sfc_oliver

Gutter companies will profit from this winter. There was more ice build up than normal in the gutters. When I worked at gutter King we would call back our first regular crew from winter layoffs about this time, if the winter had been anything like this.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

iwasthere

the library board has known for awhile about the water damage that is caused from the winter's snow.

stewie

Hmmmmm....Isn't there some way we can blame this on inept politicians and trough feeding public servants?

irishbobcat

Heavy Ice caused my gutters to fall off my house today........

jay

The accumulation of ice has caused the rain gutter to fall from the roof edge at the back of the West Side Branch Library.