News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

2010 EVENTS Downtown Youngstown

Started by Lynds, December 16, 2009, 02:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

Lyndsey,  you're doing a wonderful job!  Keep it up, never bow to the obstructions.

Thanks for your go ahead on the "Youngstown Shrimp Fest 2010"  in regards to the Parade magazine.  They called me this morning and I have the interview with the reporter tomorrow morning, the Mayor was interviewed today.  Tom Antonishak the sculptor who designed the Fest logo, gave me permission to diseminate the art to the magazine.   This all should be great and just think of the publicity for Youngstown nationally, the entire country will be amazed to read about a home-grown shrimp festival in northeast Ohio!

jay

Lynds,

Penguinnick has a good idea.  Maybe we could get the Polish Happy Hour crowd to have a Youngstown version of a Pierogi Festival.  This festival takes place for an entire weekend in Whiting, Indiana.  Check this link.
www.pierogifest.net

The event in Whiting also has a very funny parade.

penguinnick

Hi Lynds,
1. Let's bring back to downtown the St. Patrick Day Parade.
2.  Octoberfest/Bavarian Festival at the B&O for an entire weekend.  German music & foods, polka music, German beer, etc...A large tent needs to be put up.
3.  A polka festival (not that I can polka but my friends travel to polka festivals all the time and stay in hotels).  This can eventually be a huge event for the region.
4.  The B&O needs to be better utilized for large events - especially the city-owned park/grounds.

Lynds

currently working on the budget for 2010. Would really like to hear some suggestions / criticism / ideas for this coming year.