News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Packard Car Show , This week at the Packard Museum in Warren

Started by Why?Town, July 20, 2009, 08:42:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turnabout2

Sorry to delay in responding, but yes it was a major let down, apparently you did not attend the 1999 show or the years immediately following during the glory days.  The annual event  has been a let down for many years and local Packard car owners have boycotted the show either for personal or ethical reasons in resent years. The museum has become an arrogant club of irresponsible children and not a benevolent organization dedicated to educate and serve the public.

They have taken $1,000,000 of Dept. of  Transportation, taxpayers dollars to build an addition that they can not afford to operate.  Remember these officers of doom when your roads have potholes and your bridges are closed. The citizens of Warren then will own two useless building that the city can't afford to maintain (1) Packard Museum and (2) Packard Music Hall.
I do appreciate a respect your opinion and glad you had fun. Thank you for your time

Why?Town

Judging from your only two posts here it seems you may be biased against the National Packard Museum. This is definately your perogative and I won't try to change your mind.

I will ask though, if you even attend the show? I bet not. I don't know how it's possible for anyone to consider $8 admission to a 40,000 sq ft air conditioned tent containing almost three dozen 1937 Packards, not to mention admission to the museum itself and the other various Packards comming and going throughout the day, a big let down.

Turnabout2

Why?Town

celebrating the 110th anniversary of the Packard Motor Co., the 20th anniversary of the National Packard Museum's annual car show and the 10th anniversary of the museum's opening at its current location on Mahoning Avenue N.W.

http://packardmuseum.org/CarShow.aspx