News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

PIG IRON STREET FESTIVAL DISPLAY

Started by ForumManager, June 17, 2009, 09:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbobcat

WYTV will do a segment on the Pig Iron festival today at around 5:45pm
(Monday....7/13)

ForumManager

Mahoning Valley Dot Info has applied for a TimeBank membership and will award hours to volunteers that are TimeBank Members.

If you are not a member of the Timebank, you can apply at the TimeBank Mahoning Watershed website, http://tbmw.org
Since a personal interview is part of the process, your new membership may not be in effect until after the street festival but you will receive your hours retroactively when your membership is active. Just let me know when you are active.

Help is especially needed between the hours of 4 and 9 pm.  The display and table will be there with or without people, but it would be so much better to have our members explain the website  to visitors.

Thanks much!

ForumManager

Quote from: jay on June 30, 2009, 09:06:06 PM
This is my understanding.
The Forum would award Time Bank hours to those forum members who are also members of Time Bank Mahoning Valley.

But how does the forum accumulate hours to award to the members?  The participation of an organization is still something I don't understand fully even though Tony has explained it me numerous times.

irishbobcat

We are in need of talent for the talent show at the festival which begins at around 3:30pm. If you know any youngsters, oldsters, or anyone who can sing, dance, etc, contact Jim at 747-6932. Solo and groups acts are welcomed!

jay

This is my understanding.
The Forum would award Time Bank hours to those forum members who are also members of Time Bank Mahoning Valley.

ForumManager

What could the forum contribute as a service  to the circle of caring?

jay

Has the Forum joined Time Banks?  This might be another source of volunteers.

ForumManager

Still hoping that  members will promote the forum on July 18th.

ForumManager

Sorry to leave that out.  It was posted on the forum and I just assumed the date was known ... you know what they say about assuming.

Here are the details:
Any time frame would be appreciated.   

PIG IRON COMMUNITY STREET FESTIVAL
SATURDAY JULY 18, 2009 RAINDATE AUGUST 8TH, 2009
NORTH PHELPS STREET
DOWNTOWN YTOWN
10AM -9PM

TABLE FEE FOR ARTISTS-VENDORS-CRAFTS$25.00
TABLE FEE FOR ORGANIZATIONS-$20.00

REMIT TO:  PIG IRON LITERARY & ART WORKS
26 N. PHELPS STREET
P.0. BOX 237
YOUNGSTOWN, OH 44501
330 7476932

sfc_oliver

Give some more info on dates and times,  no promises but maybe.

That is the final day of the Lowellville Fest and I  will be working with the Lowellville American Legion. Sorry
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

iwasthere

MY SUGGESTION TO MAINTAIN ONE'S  ANONYMITY WHO MANS THE TABLE IS TO WEAR A MASK.

ForumManager

Now wouldn't that interfere with the anonymity you have worked so hard to maintain?
LOL!!!
I am grateful for the help!

jay

ForumManager

MahoningValley.info plans to have a display at the Pig Iron Festival.
If any forum member  would like to sit with the display and introduce the forum to the public, please respond to this thread. Any help would be appreciated.