News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

West Side Bank Office To Close

Started by jay, November 18, 2008, 05:28:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

I know of another bank on the west side of Youngstown.

A branch of the Farmers National Bank is located at 3619 S. Meridian Road (next to Sparkle Market) on the Youngstown side of the street in Cornersburg.

This bank is on the 35 Cornersburg bus route.

Towntalk

My bank gave me no choice ... it closed its downtown office and I use the Liberty branch, but you know what, I also do 90% of my banking online.

It would be nice if all the banks had a branch on each side of town within walking distence, but that just ain't gonna happen any time soon.

We use to have a National City Bank just 4 blocks away from me. By the way, speaking of National City Bank, there's a West Side branch at 4949 Mahoning Ave., but again that's in Austintown.

Leah

And the addresses listed are also not easy to walk to, due to lack of sidewalks.  The Mahoning Avenue location was much more convenient for pedestrians on the West Side.

jay

The addresses listed for banks on Raccoon Road, Mahoning Avenue, and Kirk Road are all in Austintown.

Towntalk

Towntalk

Home Savings has 2 branches on the West Side:

4259 Kirk Rd.
6030 Mahoning Ave.

Towntalk

What about Key Bank at 1737 Racoon Road?

sfc_oliver

I thought there was a Home Savings out there somewhere.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Leah

This is really sad. Other than the National City Bank on Meridian Rd., there are no other banks for West side residents to use.

This will probably cause a great inconvenience to residents of the West side who are without cars.

jay

Actually, the west side (Youngstown) is losing three Hunington bank branches. 

The Huntington Bank in the Mahoning Plaza

The Huntington Bank in the Gran Professional Building on Mahoning Avenue

The Huntington Bank in the Cornersburg Plaza

If you still want to patronize this bank, I suggest going to the downtown Youngstown office on Central Square.

jay

The west side of Youngstown is losing another business.  Effective on Saturday, February 14, 2009, the Huntington bank office at 3325 Mahoning Avenue will close.